Sunday, June 8, 2014

If at first you don't succeed.....

Dear Craft Diary

Well, I still haven't called the master, my mother, I am insisting on learning on how to quilt on my own.
I decided to purchase 1/2" wide double fold bias tape. I was happily sewing it on my first quilt. Upon finishing, I realized I STILL didn't do it right! I didn't catch all of the trim!
So, I did some research...and most blogs and reviews suggest I start with a rag quilt. So, now I am making a flannel rag quilt. No batting required. First, I figured out what size quilt I want to make. I do not know any babies that have a crib, but, I know plenty of children who have a full size bed. I decided on a full size bed quilt. 82"x89". I decided on 12" squares, that is 9 rows of 8 squares....72 squares! I cut two flannel materials back to back and sewed an "X" for stabilization and reinforcement. I have alot of cutting and "X"ing to do.  I will update you when I finally start sewing it together!

Wish me luck!

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment